Friday, 13 December 2013

CHristmas is coming...

I got accepted for the CELTA trainee program in March 2014. I am so happy about this. I hope it will help me put my life back on track; getting a proper job and get out of this shithole I live in right now.

I just have to get some preparations done before I will go there, like recap on some grammar and pronunciation stuff and that kind, so I won't look like an idiot and may be able to explain everything. I am a bit excited, but in a positive way.

Tomorrow my mum is picking me up from CTown and we're going to the Christmas market here. I really look forward to this. But for now I have to buy some stuffing for my knitting stuff. I have two owls to stuff and a rabbit to make.

And then there is my movie list I have to watch before Christmas and finally I made up a plan how I handle it. I put the movies into several groups


  • Action Christmas, 
  • Animated Christmas, 
  • Dickens Christmas, 
  • Romantic Christmas, 
  • Family Christmas, 
  • Fantasy Christmas,
  • Drama Christmas, 
  • Funny Christmas, and 
  • Sci-Fi Christmas 

So I will pick one or two topics per day and then watch a movie from those. So today I picked Dickens and Family.
From the first topic I will watch Blackadder's Christmas Carol  and Mickey's Christmas Carol. I haven't seen either of them yet, so I can only imagine what they are like. Both are variations of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I suspect to be the first one rather funny and unconventional, the Disney version should also be funny and cute. I will write a short review later... unless I forget it.
From the second topic I will watch Little Lord Fauntleroy (1980). This is an every-year MUST watch for me, and my family. I will watch it alone this year, and if it will be on TV as well, I will watch it with my mum again. It's a story about a young American boy who is the heir of an English Lordship. His father died and his grandfather is an old grumpy man, but of course the boy will win the old man's heart in the end. It is such a cheesy movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment